3BB worker fatally injured by hidden explosive while repairing Internet line in Yala

A 3BB employee tragically lost his life at Yala Hospital after stepping on a concealed explosive whereas working on an Internet sign line on Sunday. Police Lieutenant Colonel Asrun Hamu, an investigative officer at Yala Police Station, was alerted to the incident by locals who reported hearing an explosion near a former rebel goal space.
No risk of the incident, located round 500 metres from where two different people were injured in a separate incident on October 1, was rapidly attended to by Police Lieutenant Colonel Chatchai Sakdi, Yala Police Station Chief.
Responding promptly, he coordinated with native rescue and catastrophe relief groups, police officers, ranger soldiers, and administrative officers to analyze the situation.
Officers found a white Toyota pickup parked by the roadside close to Rattana School, close to the Kuea Te Village signal. The space, flanked by rubber plantations on each side and spaced about 30 metres aside, was the place two 3BB employees were found seriously injured and crying out for help.
The victims have been recognized as 38 years previous Muhamad I-sahau whose left leg was severed and was in important condition, and 39 years outdated Nisulaiman Griese who suffered minor accidents and listening to impairment.
Both victims were rushed to Somdej Phrayupharaj Yala Hospital, and Muhamad was transferred to Yala Hospital because of his crucial accidents. Unfortunately, Muhamad succumbed to his accidents at 10pm yesterday.
Preliminary inquiries revealed that 3BB had been notified by residents about an Internet outage earlier within the day.
In the afternoon, both employees have been dispatched to examine and repair the Internet sign line. Upon reaching the incident web site, Muhamad inadvertently stepped on a hid explosive, causing his left leg to sever and leaving him critically injured. Nisulaiman, who was shut by, suffered minor accidents and listening to impairment from the blast.
Officers suspect the incident to be the work of a local insurgent group, who had planted the explosive with the intention of inflicting harm to officers inspecting the positioning of an electrical pole explosion that had occurred on October 1. However, the explosive had didn’t detonate at the moment.
Tragically, the 3BB staff had unwittingly encountered the concealed explosive. The Yala Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and the Yala Forensic Science Unit 10 will additional investigate and collect proof from the incident website.
Follow more of The Thaiger’s latest stories on our new Facebook web page HERE..

Leave a Comment