Thai police probe suicide of deputy director after meal with colleagues

Closed-circuit surveillance footage has revealed the timeline of events leading as a lot as the unlucky demise of Police Lieutenant Colonel Wachira, Long Thai Song, the Deputy Director of the 2nd Army Division, also called Berm.
After forensic examination and evidence assortment by medical doctors from Phumiphol Hospital and police officers, the physique was despatched for an post-mortem on the same hospital.
Brigadier General Jirapat Phumijitr, the commander of Police Division 1, acknowledged that Wachira confirmed indicators of stress, as he had been complaining during a meal with colleagues.
The sign of his intention to commit suicide is beneath investigation, starting with those he had been eating with. The officers who attended the meal will be called for questioning. The incident is deeply regrettable.
The incident occurred yesterday, September eleven, at Wachira’s residence, following his return from a hotel. Jirapat talked about that Wachira left the hotel alone and took a taxi house. The choice to stay at the hotel was made after a meal and dialogue with colleagues, who suggested he keep close by as a end result of distance from his residence. All the colleagues parted ways at around 10pm.
Regarding the incident, the home was tightly closed, with no signs of pressured entry or ransacking inside. The group surveillance digicam showed that nobody entered or exited the premises from round four.50am, when Wichira returned home in a taxi, until the afternoon when a driver arrived and located no one else had passed by. Guaranteed used within the incident was Wichira’s personal 9mm handgun, with two bullets – one fired and one in the chamber.
From the proof gathered, it’s speculated that the victim shot himself in a seated position, with the bullet casing found inside the premises.
No suicide notice was found on the scene. Investigations into any potential messages or info on his cell phone are yet to start. The post-mortem results revealed that Wichira had been useless for about 12 hours, indicating demise around 5am. The scenario is under investigation by Khu Khot Station with a special task force set up by the Patumthani Provincial Police Station, reported Khaosod Online..

Leave a Comment